Andrew is a highly proficient executive with over 30 years’ experience across a breadth of disciplines, including Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance and General Management, Mentoring and Coaching and Consultancy.
He has had proven success in managing at both operational and strategic level with Cargill, a global blue chip organisation, and since 2012/13 further applied those skills in: Establishing a small business start-up Fresh Fish Supply business, Partner in a Private Equity company, Business Improvement and Coaching and Mentoring Consultancy and Non-Profit Chair.
For the majority of his working life he has been managing small teams, and it is this experience (both good and bad), that has given him the insights in how to get the best from his employees and align their aspirations with that of the organisation. This has resulted in improved engagement (Last 2 cycles at Cargill achieved an engagement score within his departments of 100%), and exceeding of financial targets.
Andrews experience at a variety of levels and disciplines across a range of business sectors, leaves him well positioned to quickly understand the challenges and opportunities of those being coached and mentored, to achieve practical approaches to overcome them.
Andrews coaching approach:
- Assumes commitment from employee and line management
- Use of 360 feedback, incorporating the Four C’s of leadership – Capability, Character, Credibility and Career Management.
- Use of Insights Discovery Profiling, based on Jung’s typology.
- Understand needs and expectations of organisation and Line Management.
- Build genuine confidential trust and understanding of individual being coached.
- Highlight areas requiring development, both skill and behavioural based.
- Work with employee to fully understand the significance of the development areas
- Build an understandable, practical approach to meeting the development goals.
- Genuine ongoing interest in the success of those being coached.